The company was founded as TecnAvan S.r.l. in 1998 from the 20-year experience of highly qualified personnel working in the aviation industry.
In 2008, with a view to establishing a new corporate structure, the ownership decides to separate Tecnavan S.r.l. into two separate companies, Tecnologie Avanzate S.r.l., a leading aerospace company for composite fabrication, and Tecnavan Interiors S.r.l., a PART 145-approved company for the maintenance of aircraft interior furniture components and later in 2010 obtained EASA and PART 21G certification for the production of Non-Primary Structural Parts. In 2014 it introduces composite material processing with qualification by Agusta Westland. With this new qualification, clean room departments are expanded and upgraded to comply with the demands of our customers. In 2015, Tecnavan Interiors makes application in EASA to obtain DOA (P-EASA.21J.621).
With the aim of establishing itself in the aerospace industry, the ownership over the years has invested in technologies, resources and Know how, thus obtaining several awards.
The company is able to operate competitively and reliably in the market thanks to:
- an efficient internal organization;
- technologically advanced processes and machinery;
- a continuous process of enhancement and professional growth of its human resources.
Today it has two operating headquarters, the main one of about 2500 sq. m. and the auxiliary one of about 2000 sq. m. at the industrial area of Castelliri (FR) – via Pescara snc, about 25 km from the A1 exit – Ferentino and about 90 km from Rome.
Production Ply cutting can be done manually or it can be a fully automated process. Cutting plotters are semi-automated cutting machines. They essentially consist of:
– A feeding system in which a supplied roll of prepreg is housed enclosed within appropriate sealed plastic bags in order to avoid contamination with any external agent (e.g., dust particles) and to prevent moisture absorption;.
– a table equipped with a vacuum system to constrain the prepreg sheets during the execution of cutting;
– a 2-axis or multi-axis handling system with attached tool head and the tool equipped with its feeding system.
The 3-axis CNC cutting machines, used by Tecnavan Interiors, are manufactured by Lectra. These machines are used to carry out pre-preg cutting continuously and automatically so that the operation time can be reduced and material waste can be minimized.